Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day of Contrasts

Yesterday we left the Grand Canyon. Before we left we wanted to take one more hike down into the canyon. Jill had suggested that we leave our campsite early in the morning and it turned out to be a great idea because most of the trail was in the shade. It was a beautiful and quiet.














We then headed to Las Vegas via the Hoover Dam and saw the hottest temperatures so far on the trip.















When we go to Vegas we were assaulted by billboards, crowds, traffic, and activity. What a contrast.















Some of the contrasts were obvious, some came to me later. In the Grand Canyon, I couldn't help but feel small....that there were bigger things out there than me. In Las Vegas, it seems that everything is geared toward me--that I will get lucky, that I will be entertained, that I will find fun or comfort. I think that's the difference when I find myself within God's creation and man's creation.

1 comment:

whothey y yo said...

i think we probably need some posts from sam and anna and andy. the old people reports are a bit boring.