Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our car (door) overheated.

Well we're back connected to the rest of the Intertube-net-web so we have a few blog entries to catch up on. First, back to Death valley

Our car has had a history of running high in temp because of a coolant fan that was a bit on the fritz. We had it fixed of course before leaving, but I was still a bit uneasy as we hit temperatures in the 120s. I couldn't take my eye off the temp gauge though the car (engine) did fine.

When we arrived in LA on the 4th, we watch 3 sets of fireworks from the beach (3 different communities--it was quite nice).

The next morning, we were having difficulty opening the back door of the van. And by trouble I mean that we couldn't open it at all. I pulled everything out and was able to get it open from the inside using a screwdriver. Finally I found that there was some protective rubber-gooish stuff over the latch that had melted, gumming up the mechanics. After I scraped most of it off it started working. I'm sure many folks have had cars overheat in the summer in S. Cal, but I think we may be one of the first to have a door overheat.

No comments: